Wednesday, March 30, 2011

SPRING PROJECTS

Here I am. Ready to start a couple new projects for SPRING. First, I'll be writing this blog about the general hap's around our house and family. Up to this point, the only blogging I've done has been specifically related to adoption. So, this will free me up a bit to write about whatever comes to my mind and our calendar. Secondly, our little princess and I have started gardening together. Right now, our garden consists of eight egg cartons filled with potting soil and seeds sitting in our southern exposure windows. We started lettuce, spinach, cucumbers, a garden bean of some sort, and carrots. She cannot wait for the flower seeds to go in also, but I insisted we get our food in first. Just in case I run out of momentum. Hey, who am I kidding, she's done all the work thus far! Now, if we can only figure out what to do next... Hmmm, guess it's time for the Mom to get busy learning to garden. I've got several gardening friends at church so I'll be probing their minds and searching online to supplement the KLUTZ Kid's Gardening book that we have here.

I never would have thought to put our meager gardening efforts into words if it weren't for a new discovery I made of an online Homeschool community that call themselves The Homeschool Village. So, with their encouragement, we undertake the challenge to grow something in our dirt this summer besides weeds! Let's get gardening!

2 comments:

  1. Good luck! I started gardening last year and completely failed! Hopefully this year will be better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, Penny. I found you on BlogFrog (I'm Ophelia Blom / Girl Stripped Bare). You followed me, so I followed you, and here I am =) I'm a single gal, but hope to someday adopt, so I'm glad to have found you out here in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete